Born on 18th September 1963 in Vezza d’Alba (Cuneo), Italy
Head of the Department of Urology, Cottolengo Hospital, Torino, Italy
TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST AND EXPERTISE:
Endourology, including ureterorenoscopy (rigid and flexible), percutaneous nephrolithotomy and ECIRS, ESWL, bipolar prostatic resection, Holmium laser enucleation, anteroretrograde treatment of ureteral and urethral stenoses.
- Urinary Stone Disease (comprehensive metabolic evaluation and preventive medical treatment, minimally invasive management of urinary tract stones). In fact he created the Stone Center of the Cottolengo Hospital of Torino and his Department is EULIS Reference Center for Endourology
- He performed as first surgeon about 8000 surgical procedures of all kinds (upper and lower tract endoscopy, as well as major open and laparoscopic major surgery).
- He was the first urologist in Italy with professor Scarpa to perform ECIRS (PNL combined with RIRS in the Galdakao modified supine Valdivia position) in 2005. Currently, he has the major patients series (about 600).
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS:
- European Association of Urology (EAU);
- Endourological Society;
- Italian Society of Urology (SIU);
- Italian Endourological Society (IEA);
- Member of the ICE group (International Cooperation in Endourology).
- ESUT and EULIS member
- World Journal of Urology.
- Journal of Endourology
- International Journal of Urology
- Italian Society of Urology (SIU) and European Urological Association (EAU)
- Author of more than 200 national and international publications (basic urological research, uro-oncology, innovations in the area of surgical techniques).
- Author of the Guidelines for treatment of ureteral stones of the Italian Society of Urology, 2010.
- Author of a surgical DVD on ECIRS in the Galdakao modified supine Valdivia position.
- Author of the atlas: Supine Percutaneous Nephrolitotomy and ECIRS: the new way to perform PNL., Springer 2014